HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Saints and Soldiers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
{MOD}cybervegeto22
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2006-09-23

PostSubject: Saints and Soldiers   Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:51 am

The name sounds like a take-off of Gods and Generals, being that Saints are under Gods and Soldiers are under Generals lol.

I saw this at the box office when we went to see Stealth in theaters, not long after Stealth's release. I wanted to see that movie instead, but to my dismay we went to see Stealth lol.

About 3-4 months or so later I was at Blockbuster, and stumbled across Saints and Soldiers. I immediately grabbed the case, but it was just a display - it was out of stock. So I went back for it a couple weeks later, and there it was Smile

I have to say, this has got to be one of my favorite movies. The movie starts with soldiers being shot at and killed by Germans, and one of them escapes (if I'm remembering correctly, I haven't seen it for like a year lol). It was such an excellent film in my opinion because they focused on portraying the story rather than satisfying Hollywood.

IMDB has this to say about it:

"The comment posted on the main page link certainly had an axe to grind against mormons. In fact the film itself never at all mentions the LDS church and for all we know Deacon could have been a baptist. That is all besides the point. The film takes us where a war film has never been before, the religious implications. And it is not overtly preachy. Somehow with under $1 million dollars the director has made a film that looks like an epic hollywood war film, complete with handheld cameras and a few war buddy cliche's. But what seperates this film from the pack is its main character, a devout religious sharpshooter, shellshocked from a raid gone bad, trying to make moral sense of what is going on. The film is also a great war film, and impecably accurate historically. The only sign that the film is low budget is its musical score, which at some times is a bit obtruse, but the acting is superb, and the directions is excellent."

I give this movie a 9 out of 10 (also what imdb gives it lol), because of its excellency. That last 1 is missing just because it wasn't the best of the war films I've seen.

Soldier
Soldier

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Saints and Soldiers   Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 am

hmm might have to check this one out... thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ProfileComingSoon.com
megaman
troop
troop

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Saints and Soldiers   Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:39 am

summarize it, I hate reading
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Engles
Soldier
Soldier

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Saints and Soldiers   Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:33 pm

its a movie... or you could just have your computer read it to you.... o wait

thats only on a mac my Bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ProfileComingSoon.com
megaman
troop
troop

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Saints and Soldiers   Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 am

Engles wrote:
its a movie... or you could just have your computer read it to you.... o wait

thats only on a mac my Bad

nope there is microsoft Sam, and various voices too rather than that blocky Sam.

SAM, I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saints and Soldiers   

Back to top Go down

Saints and Soldiers
Page 1 of 1